External Guests & Better Sharing (v2.49)
Metro Retro v2.49 lands today and brings external guest support & improved board sharing, as well as a set of new templates for your retros and meetings!
- Share boards with people outside of your organization (no login required)
- Unlimited external viewers (read-only)
- Grant editing rights to external guests
- Free guest slots per board that scales with your team size
- New board sharing settings
- The participant list is now displayed in the board (similar to V1)
Note for Free Plans
Guest support and board privacy are premium features and therefore not available to accounts on our Free Plan. Boards created under Free will be always open to anyone who has the board link, as they were in Metro Retro V1.
Upgrade your plan to get access to guests and security features.
See the help guide for the full updates to sharing boards.
You can now share your boards securely with anyone inside and outside your organization, giving them the appropriate permissions for their access level.
You can choose from three levels of sharing options, meaning you can protect the board from being viewed by people outside your workspace or organization, or you can make the board visible to anyone with the link - they do not need to sign in.
Visitors with the link will view a board in a read-only state by default. They then have to ask for permission to edit the board - either as a team member, or (new in this release) as an external guest.
A Guest is an external collaborator who is granted editing rights by the board host:
A guest only has access to the board they're invited to and can perform all functions of the tool except for starting meetings. Their access lasts 24 hours or can be removed at any point.
Guests are available on paid plans, and are free of charge. You get an allocation of guest slots on your boards that scales with the amount of paid team members in your plan.
There's a range of new templates to power your retrospectives and meetings: ESVP Icebreaker, KALM Retro, Boxing Ring Retro, The Awards Ceremony, Joy / Fear / Excitement, Incident Post Mortem, RACI Matrix, Pre-meeting Questions.
Bug Fixes & Other Changes
- We've moved the participant list back into the board. This makes it easier to see who is online, and easier to use the collaborative features.
- Fixed not able to import V1 boards to your private workspace
- Fixed issues with the right-click menu causing a white screen (crash).
- Added a menu button in the top right for help, contact and sign out.
- Improved "ping" function and more presentation gestures
- More powers for facilitators
- Probably bugs and stuff